Lapped

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I have been double lapped...

A friend from school fell pregnant around the time we started TTC in August 2009. She gave birth to her 1st bub in 2010. Lap 1! She then fell pregnant again in 201o and yesterday gave birth to her 2nd bub. Lap 2! Both these children were 'whoopsies' so no TTC involved...

You know you have been TTC for way too long when a person falls pregnant and gives birth TWICE while you are still left without a baby in your arms.

So to top off her birth announcement on Facebook yesterday, today there was ANOTHER birth announcement from another friend from school. This was also her 2nd. Actually, Facebook has been full of babies lately. A few weeks ago there was another announcement from a school friend on the birth of her 2nd child. Then about a month ago 2 good friends also both gave birth to their 1st bubbas within 24 hours of each other.

Seriously, when is it going to be my turn? How many more times will I be lapped?

Oh did I mention that I am 6dp5dt and I am NOT feeling confident. I do not think this FET has worked...Just have an awful feeling that this is not going to be the end of our TTC journey yet...

10 comments:

Lora said...

I like Facebook but hate it as well. I hate that I can't be happy for all the baby news. I've been lapped by a few people as well now. It sucks. Hang in there!

Baby Hopes said...

Thinking of you in the wait... hoping for peace and rest and a positive outcome despite these feelings that tend to creep in. Hang in there!

I know the feeling of being lapped... I've been lapped quite a few times, with some repeats. Hoping our times come very, very soon!

Sushigirl said...

I know the feeling. It's not a race, but at the same time you can't help but notice how fertile everyone else seems to be! I block loads of people on FB on the grounds that I can't feel shit about stuff I don't read.

DandelionBreeze said...

Sending you lots of hugs on your 2WW... it's so hard to stay hopeful with all the hormones and symptoms - get plenty of rest and pamper yourself. Being lapped and lots of FB baby stuff doesn't help... I've taken myself off FB, so I don't have to face it all the time. Love to you always xoxo

♥ Cass & Shane said...

I Agree.. I have noticed that alot lately on facebook as well! It could be me just I seem to see that ALL the time and it is upsetting and I feel jealous sometimes.

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you that you get a positive!

http://tryingtoconceiveour1st.blogspot.com/

JMM said...

I hear ya...my sil had their 3rd this year; they got married 2 years after we did...hard! ugh! anyhoo...keep that chin up, think positively:)

Kelli said...

super suck!! It's hard reading all those announcements and baby stuff. Hoping we all have our turn sooner than we think! hugs!

knitting vixen said...

I know what you mean. I am thinking of blocking the feeds of my pregnant friends... worse than them are those who have new borns who keep harping on about every burp, fart and crap their baby has done.
Bitter? Me? Never!

LeslieGail said...

Hang in there! It will get better for you! I just know it will.

C. Sue said...

An emotional and physical roller coaster= infertility. Good luck with this round!