Tick Tock

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wow...past the 34 week mark! We are really at the business end of this pregnancy now. DH and I are anxiously counting down the days until our little boy will make his entrance into the world, and hoping that he stays put until then! Firstly because we want him to bake a little longer, but also because DH went back to work yesterday for his last 2 week stint before his nice, long holiday. Needing him to come home early could prove to be an issue as they have had some rain up at work and the guys on shift while DH was home were actually flooded in for a few days...I DO NOT want this to happen to DH!! That would just send me into mad panic. So here's hoping for our little guy to stay inside where it's nice and warm, and for the rain to hold off up north (just until DH gets home on the 22nd December anyway).

I haven't made anymore progress on my to do list since we set up the room...I've kind of lost momentum again. But I only have a few little things left to do so I'm not too worried. I have 4 more days of work left....1 this week and 3 more next week. I am excited to be finishing up, and to be perfectly honest I wish I was already done. I actually called in sick today as I just couldn't find the motivation to haul myself out of bed. I had a terrible nights sleep, my back hurt and I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting at a desk all day. So I stayed home in bed...hopefully I can get myself through tomorrow and then I'll have a few days off before I have to tackle the last 3 days!

I haven't blogged about it yet, but I have been having some issues with my MIL & SIL (again). If I had of written about it when it happened I think it would have ended up being a long, ranty vent as I was extremely pissed off and upset with them (more so SIL). SIL called up DH last week and started going on about how we should be going to antenatal classes (can't remember if I wrote about it or not but I decided to cancel them since I'm having a c-section and the classes focused mainly on natural births) and basically started accusing us of being bad parents and putting our child's life at risk by not attending them! The conversation went downhill from there (as you can imagine) and DH was less than impressed. Once the phone call ended, text messages began and she started 'pop quizzing' DH on baby first aid and telling him how hard it is to care for a newborn. Isn't she just the nicest sister?!?!

Anyway, to cut a long story short...DH put her in her place and made it clear that she needed to keep her opinions/advice to herself. So she's been quiet since then. I am just hoping like mad that she won't try and start more crap like this once our baby is here, because I'm telling you...I will not put up with it and I won't hesitate to tell her where to go.

To top it off, MIL came round on the weekend and started on about the antenatal classes as well...*rolls eyes* and then proceeded to ram some unwanted advice down my throat...I love how her and SIL think they are experts. I remained polite, but disinterested and that seemed to shut her up. Again, if she starts this crap once baby is here I will be telling her where to go. DH and I are not stupid. We are more than prepared for a newborn and know that it's not all sunshine and lollipops. But for some reason SIL & MIL insist on treating us like a pair of helpless idiots. I try to ignore them..after all these are the same people that keep telling me I won't cope when DH goes back to work...but it's hard to not let them upset me...especially when I am so hormonal and emotional.

Poor DH copped the mood swings while he was home...I swear I almost cried everyday for the first week he was home. Over the stupidest things (well excluding the MIL/SIL stuff) too. I don't think he quite knew what to do with me. But he was really good and instead of telling me I was an idiot he would give me a hug and a kiss. Bless him.

We have seen a preview of our bump photos that were done last week and I am so pleased with them! The photographer did an amazing job considering how terrible the weather was! Hopefully I'll be able to share some with you all soon.

3 comments:

Gurlee said...

Congratulations on 34 weeks! It is amazing to see your ticker reading 38 days, wow!
Ugh on your SIL. Well intentioned I'm sure but doesn't she know that she should mind her own business. Ugh. She must have spoke with your MIL about it, sorry that you are dealing with family assvice.
So excited for you, you are almost there!

babycrazykiwi said...

Wooohoooo not long to go now. Boo to MIL and SIL they are being the idiots. Hope they back off for good and let you get on with the job. Take care chick and thanks for your comment...its appreciated.

Marissa said...

Congrats on 34 weeks!!!!

Sorry to hear that your family is giving you grief. I know plenty of couples, doing c-sections AND vag births, who did not attend any classes. And their babies/toddlers/teenagers are all doing just fine.