I'm Alive...

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

DH went back to work yesterday for 2 weeks so I am parenting solo! H and I survived the first day and night with little drama. Very proud of myself. Lets hope the next 14 nights are just as good! DH was very sad to go back to work and leave us. We are going to try and Skype every night/day (depending if he's on night or day shift) so that he can see H and I have also been instructed that I need to take a million photos and video everything so he doesn't miss a thing!

H will be 6 weeks old on Friday. I am amazed at how much he has grown and changed in this time! He is such a beautiful little boy. I am totally and utterly in love. Motherhood is everything I imagined (and more).  He is sleeping in 4-5 hour stretches at night which is doing wonders for my sanity and energy. During the day he has quite a few naps but in between he is a lot more alert and checking out his surroundings. We have had quite a few real smiles in the last week or so which is just beautiful! He makes us work for them though..cheeky boy.

I am still debating what to do with the blog...I am also debating about going private due to some issues with my SIL (very long story for another post) as I'd hate for her to find this blog...I have so much more to write but it's late and I need some sleep. I am still reading along with all your blogs but generally I'm on my phone and I find it hard to comment through it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your 2 weeks (without the hubby) go by quickly!!!

babycrazykiwi said...

Good luck for the solo time. Isn't skype just wonderful for that kind of thing. Keep up the great work :)

DandelionBreeze said...

Time is passing quickly... sounds like he's adorable and motherhood has come naturally to you :) Hope the 2 weeks passes quickly. Love to you both xoxo

Baby Hopes said...

I absolutely love reading about how much your are enjoying motherhood!!! :) Hope the time passes quickly while your husband is away!!! And if you do go private, please keep me in the loop! :)