Ick

Monday, July 12, 2010

Of course it has to happen on a night where I have to work the next day...I am feeling miserably sick. Definitely a metformin side effect as it kicked in not long after I took my 2nd dose with dinner.

Started with nausea. Nausea subsided and replaced with cramps. Cramps turned into diarrhea (sorry way TMI!!) and thought I was ok. However nausea has returned 10 fold.

Feel like I am on the verge of vomiting but know this won't happen as I don't vomit..(whole other story re: my vomit phobia).

So I am lying here in bed, hoping I can fall asleep soon and forget how crumby I am feeling.

I hope my body adjusts to the metformin soon...or at least doesn't experience the side effects so strongly.

But really, if this gets us a baby then it is a small price to pay. Plus as I keep telling myself it is good practice for morning sickness...which would also be worth it as the end result would be our own bubba.

I will keep blogging to try and distract myself....

Spoke to DH tonight. He is not impressed with his accommodation. Apparently the camp is really full so he has ended up in what he is calling a 'dog box'. Pretty much a tiny room with a bed. No shower or toilet. DH is not happy...plus he has to try and stay up as long as he can tonight as he starts night shift tomorrow. Gotta try and get his body clock sorted.

I don't envy him.

He is being overly optimistic about this cycle now that he has heard the drugs worked. I told him he can get his hopes up thus time as I am sick of being let down. He sounds genuinely excited which is gorgeous! He will make such a proud daddy when we finally have a baby! This baby will be so doted on and totally adored by us once it finally arrives (not to mention it's extended family).

Ok I think I am going to try and get some sleep...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments: