Back on the merry-go-round

Sunday, August 22, 2010

You have to love fertility drugs. As if someone TTC hasn't got enough to deal with already without throwing a handful of crazy side effects into the mix.

Letrozole has already started with some dizziness. Felt dizzy all morning but it seemed to subside after lunch time.

Think I am still moody and emotional from my period...or it could be mood swings from the letrozole. I don't know. I bet DH is happy to be going back to work tomorrow though!! He has had enough of me being a snappy bitch I am sure.

Metformin is still playing havoc on my stomach. Woke this morning about 2am with horrible stomach cramps which were most definitely not AF related. Lay there wondering if this was to end in a mad dash to the toilet, but thankfully it didn't! Just cramped on and off for about 3 hours. Not a peaceful nights sleep though!

I'm also hot, hot, hot again. Another letrozole side effect. I'm all red and flushed in the face.

And I suppose this is only the beginning! Still the headaches and more mood swings to come. Lucky me!!

Wow what I would give to feel normal again!!!!!!!

I am contemplating still about going back to my FS this month...or dare I say getting a 2nd opinion.....

I cannot shake the niggling feeling that something else is wrong...that and the fact that the PCOS diagnosis just doesn't feel right. I mean you would think with such a mild case (which I appear to have as I had no symptoms and nothing has been sighted on my internal ultrasounds) a round or 2 of drugs would have set things straight and I would be UTD by now...

I'm really unsure as to what I should do. I don't want to waste anymore time. I don't want to have to wait months to see a different doctor and go through all the tests and stuff again...BUT I don't want to be going along taking these drugs that may not actually work for me....

Very undecided and confused.

Maybe I'll see what DH thinks.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh gosh, those stomach cramps!!! I can SO RELATE to that, and to the hot flashes and all of this. Oh man, I hope you feel better. I don't know what they have in Australia but I was taking every antacid and Pepto-Bismol product I could find and nothing helped. Except sometimes drinking a lot of water. A LOT, constantly. And then eating ice cream. But I think eating ice cream can cure anything.

I think getting a second opinion would be an excellent idea. No use in suffering through this if you don't need to.