Day 13- All About Us

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kinda cheating a little with this topic!! Saw this posted on a few fellow bloggers pages today and figured it was good enough for day 13!!

All About "Us"


1. When is your “engagement” anniversary: 9th March 2005


2. When is your “marriage” anniversary: 14th April 2007


3. How long have you known your spouse: coming up to 8 years (met 15th November 2002)

4. How long did you date/court before you were engaged: almost 1.5 years


5. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time: weirdly enough...at his house; my friend's boyfriend was living with DH at the time..and we went round there one night before we hit the town

6. What is your spouse’s full name: A.R.D

7. Do you have any children: unfortunately no...however DH always refers to our dog as our 'baby'

8. How many – boys/girls: he's a boy dog...

9. Do you have any house pets: pet/baby

10. Do you own a house or rent: Own...well bank owns most but we're working on it!

11. Do you live in the country or town/city: town

12. What is one of your favorite activities together: watching DVD's on the couch, hitting the beach



13. Do you have a favorite vacation spot: Fiji (well until we go somewhere that we might think is better!!)


14. When did you first kiss: the night we met...ooooo naughty!!

15. What church do you attend: no church


16. Is this the church you were married in: we were married in a park


17. What town is your current address at: Queensland, Australia

18. Do you work or stay at home: work 3 days a week + study part time
19. Where did you go on your honeymoon: the holiday we just had in Fiji was like a very, very belated honeymoon! Better late than never!!
20. What was the funniest gift you gave when dating: ummm...a karma sutra book

21. How long have you been together: almost 8 years (I swear I already answered that one!!)


22. How long did you know each other before you started dating: we pretty much started dating the day after we met!

23. Who asked who out: I think he asked for my number...but we ended up spending about 48 hours together straight up



24. How old are each of you: He is 26...I am 25 (but only a few months off 26); we are about 9 months apart in age

25. Where do each of you go to school: I am doing uni via distance education online


26. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple: before TTC it was the issues with his sister; but now it's definitely TTC/infertility..oh and him working away from home



27. Did you go to the same school: we went to the same highschool, were in the same grade, had many mutual friends but did not know each other at all!! Did not meet until a year after school finished.



28. Are you from the same home town: Nope, not even the same country...I'm an Aussie and he is a Kiwi!!!!



29. Who is smarter: I am probably more booksmart...but he is way smarter when it comes to technical stuff.




30. Who is more sensitive: definitely me...


31. Where do you eat out most as a couple: my fave mexican restaurant or a thai place that's just down the road from home


32. Where is the farthest you two have traveled together as a couple: Fiji


33. Who has the craziest exes: him, for sure!!! His g/f before me used to give me dirty looks whenever she saw me (and they had been broken up for almost a year before I met him!!!)


34. Who has the worse temper: I blow a fuse quicker, but he can be just as angry...so we are pretty even!


35. Who does the cooking: me...but most of the time he isn't home
36. Who is more social: he is way more social than me...I am quite happy to sit at home with a good book, but he would rather be out with his mates


37. Who is the neat-freak: me..though I have trained him to be a lot neater then when we first met!!


38. Who is more stubborn: both as stubborn as each other..though maybe I am a smidge more! I guess it depends on the issue.


39. Who hogs the bed: the dog!!

40. Who wakes up earlier: he is up at 4:30am when at work...but when he is home I am up earlier than him so I can go to work


41. Where was your first date: well the night we met we went to a local night club but that was with friends...on our first date by ourselves we went for a cruise in his car (I was very impressed that he drove as I didn't have my license yet!!!)


42. Who had more boyfriends/girlfriends: him-hands down


43. Do you get flowers often: I can count on one hand the number of times he has bought me flowers in 8 years!

44. How do you spend the holidays: usually do breakfast with my immediate family, lunch with his (though I tend to avoid this these days) and then dinner with my extended family.


45. Who is more jealous: I think both of us are past the stage of jealousy but it would probably be me anyway


46. How long did it take to get serious: not long at all...'I love you' was said by him about a month in, closely followed by looking at engagement rings but he bided his time and waited for the right time to propose!


47. Who eats more: depends what we are eating!


48. Who does the laundry: me mostly, though he does help out when he is home


49. Who’s better with the computer: pretty evenly matched...though he knows more about the complicated stuff

50. Leave a piece of advice for the other couples: never go to sleep on an argument..always best to clear the air if you can





0 comments: