Day 15- Music

Saturday, September 25, 2010

So today I am going to write about music...well more specifically I am going to write about a definative album for me in each decade I've been alive!

Sooo...here we go!

1980's-Not that I really remember much of the 80's given I was only born in '84...I don't have an entire album, just a song. 'Walk Like An Egyptian' by The Bangles. Apparantly this was my favourite song when I was a tot and I used to try and do the egyptian style dance to go with it. I was abit of a cutie (according to my mum anyways). I must say I still love that song now!!!

1990's-Gee it's hard to name just one album. This was when I really started to develop my own musical tastes rather then just listening to what my parents had. My favourite band growing up was actually an Australian all girl band (they were like the original Spice Girls) called Girlfriend. I thought they were awesome. They only released 2 albums-'Make It Come True' & 'It's Up To You' which I had on tape. I used to listen to them constantly and knew all the words!!! Late 90's (by the time I had grown out of Girlfriend) the album of choice would have been 'Version 2.0' by Garbage.

2000-Hrmmm...my music tastes changed slightly in this decade! Probably the album that stands out to me is 'There Is Nothing Left To Lose' by The Foofighters (who are my favourite band). This was an album I bought for one song ('Next Year') but ended up loving the whole album...and listened to it over and over again.

2010-Since this next decade has only just started...I can't pick an album yet! Haha...ask me in 10 years time!

0 comments: