Somebody Call The Doctor...

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So I am sick.

I knew it was coming.

It was only a matter of time...running around like crazy + stress + insomnia = illness of some form. Especially because I finally stopped on Monday after I had been pushing myself to keep going for the past few weeks. I ended up staying home from work today. I was up half the night with my nose running like a tap. This morning I woke feeling like death warmed up and as I struggled to get ready for work, I realised the smart thing to do was stay home.

My throat is on fire, my nose is running and I can't stop sneezing. I am lethargic, hot and my head feels all fuzzy. Nice combination.

I have spent the day on the couch, but despite being exhausted I haven't managed more than about 30 minutes of sleep...It doesn't help that it's stinking hot today and I am battling a fever plus I am trying to keep my fluids up which means I need to get up and pee every hour or so...doesn't really make for a nice napping experience.

DH got home a little while ago and was not impressed to find a sick wife lolling on the couch. He doesn't want to get sick while he is on days off..I don't blame him, but a little sympathy wouldn't go astray...no such luck.

I am hoping this is the worst of it and I can head back to work tomorrow. I don't really have many sick days and it's still busy at work so I don't want to fall behind. I have been dosing myself up on Ease a Colds (a natural cold and flu tablet) and panadol plus vitamin C in the form of freshly squeezed OJ. I also have some chicken marinating in the slow cooker for dinner tonight and added LOTS of garlic...figure it can't hurt. Not much else I can do but ride it out.

Did I mention I hate being sick???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're sick! So miserable, isn't it?

My cold remedies are... saline nasal rinse (aka neti pot), sea-salt gargle, vitamin A, C, and zinc, and... drinking very hot water with lemon juice and honey.

Feel better so soon!!!

Lauren said...

AHHHHH I'm sick too! It sucks! :( Get better!!!!

Baby Hopes said...

Hope you feel better soon!!! Being sick stinks! Sending hugs your way as well!

DandelionBreeze said...

Sorry to hear that you're not well... I'm a few days late - so hope you're starting to feel better now :) Hate feeling sick too xoxo