Somebody Call The Doctor...

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So I am sick.

I knew it was coming.

It was only a matter of time...running around like crazy + stress + insomnia = illness of some form. Especially because I finally stopped on Monday after I had been pushing myself to keep going for the past few weeks. I ended up staying home from work today. I was up half the night with my nose running like a tap. This morning I woke feeling like death warmed up and as I struggled to get ready for work, I realised the smart thing to do was stay home.

My throat is on fire, my nose is running and I can't stop sneezing. I am lethargic, hot and my head feels all fuzzy. Nice combination.

I have spent the day on the couch, but despite being exhausted I haven't managed more than about 30 minutes of sleep...It doesn't help that it's stinking hot today and I am battling a fever plus I am trying to keep my fluids up which means I need to get up and pee every hour or so...doesn't really make for a nice napping experience.

DH got home a little while ago and was not impressed to find a sick wife lolling on the couch. He doesn't want to get sick while he is on days off..I don't blame him, but a little sympathy wouldn't go astray...no such luck.

I am hoping this is the worst of it and I can head back to work tomorrow. I don't really have many sick days and it's still busy at work so I don't want to fall behind. I have been dosing myself up on Ease a Colds (a natural cold and flu tablet) and panadol plus vitamin C in the form of freshly squeezed OJ. I also have some chicken marinating in the slow cooker for dinner tonight and added LOTS of garlic...figure it can't hurt. Not much else I can do but ride it out.

Did I mention I hate being sick???

4 comments:

infertilefollies said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're sick! So miserable, isn't it?

My cold remedies are... saline nasal rinse (aka neti pot), sea-salt gargle, vitamin A, C, and zinc, and... drinking very hot water with lemon juice and honey.

Feel better so soon!!!

Lauren said...

AHHHHH I'm sick too! It sucks! :( Get better!!!!

Baby Hopes said...

Hope you feel better soon!!! Being sick stinks! Sending hugs your way as well!

New Year Mum said...

Sorry to hear that you're not well... I'm a few days late - so hope you're starting to feel better now :) Hate feeling sick too xoxo