1dp5dt

Friday, April 29, 2011

So let the fun of the TWW begin!

I took my last Valium last night before I went to bed and wow...I had the BEST sleep!!! I went to bed around 9pm and did not wake until 10am!! I must have really needed the rest. If only I could have some Valium every night...I think it would kick my insomnia's butt!

Got up and remembered that I needed to do a pregnyl booster shot today. I hate those pregnyl ampoules. Whose stupid idea was it to put them in a glass bottle that you have to snap the top off to open them?!?!!? DUMB DUMB DUMB!!

I snapped the tops off and cut my fingers up....

cuts + blood thinners = bleeding mess

So there I was with 2 bleeding fingers, trying to mix up the pregnyl, wrap paper towel around the cuts and stop the bleeding and give myself the damn injection...

There was blood everywhere..oh and glass from the tops of the ampoules too.

To top it off, I couldn't get the bleeding to stop. It took me hours and hours of wrapping my fingers and holding pressure on them before my blood stopped flowing. I even text DH asking what I should do as I was beginning to freak out about how much blood these tiny little cuts were producing. I could have done with another Valium...hahaha!

I'm feeling extremely bloated today and crampy. I know the progesterone pessaries are causing the cramps...not really sure why I'm bloated but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a side effect from one of the meds I am on. Way too early to be jumping to any conclusions other than this!

4 comments:

TeamBabyCEO said...

Insomnia is the worst! It's sad but I'm actually looking forward to egg retrieval and the anesthetics...hoping for a good night's sleep for a change!

Baby Hopes said...

I'm so glad you had great rest! Yikes with the bleeding! I'm glad it finally stopped...

DandelionBreeze said...

OUCH... sounds painful. Great that you got a good sleep for your little ones to nestle in :) Sending you lots of sticky vibes xoxo

LeslieGail said...

Ouch on the cut fingers! I hate those little vials too! But yay for the good night's sleep!

And thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog!