Transfer Day

Thursday, April 28, 2011

So I am now PUPO with our 2 little embies on board!!  Let's hope at least one of them decides to stick around for the next 9 months..though both of them are quite welcome to stay!

Transfer went well. I woke up at 3am this morning as I was so excited/nervous and I couldn't sleep. My sister arrived just after 5am to pick me up and we left by about 5:30am. I had my bloods done at QFG and picked up my scripts. Then it was off to the day theatres.


Once I had filled in all the paperwork I got to derobe (from the waist down) and was given a lovely hospital gown and robe to put on along with some booties and one of those shower cap things! So different from the last transfer...just had to get my bottom half of clothing off and away we went...

Once I was changed I had to sit in the waiting room which was also the last stage of recovery for those having EPUs. A few other couples joined me not long after and I think they were all doing FETs too. All the ladies had their partners with them so I felt a little lonely sitting by myself. Not long after I got my valium from the nurse and it kicked in pretty quickly. I felt very relaxed and a little sleepy. I even dosed off for about 10 minutes or so at one point...

Finally it was my turn and the nurse led me into the room. Wazza was there waiting. Once I had layed down I had to wiggle my fingers and toes and then repeat Wazza's magic words... Oh and then I had to sing along with his special Wazza song (which is pretty much the play school song with a few word changes). He is so funny!! I couldn't stop giggling.

The scientist came in with the embies all ready to go. The morula was now a blast (which is what they wanted) and the 7 cell got to morula stage which was pretty good. They weren't top grade (AA) embies though...only got BB grading so hopefully they are strong enough to hang around!

Once the transfer was complete Wazza walked me down the corridor and I had to 'breathe in the fertile air' and then he showed me the incubators where the embies are kept. Wazza said that if I listened closely I could hear them saying 'good luck'.

Got changed and was allowed to leave (with some extra valium for later). I've spent the rest of the day in my PJs on the couch dozing and watching TV. Very relaxing which was my plan!

My blood test is on the 12th May...going to be a loooooooong wait!

Haven't spoken to DH yet to tell him how it all went down. Must be having a busy day at work with no time to call me. Should hear from him in the next hour or so...

So there you go..it's possible to conceive a baby with your husband almost 1000kms away!!!

Please hang in tight little ones. We love you so much already. 

PS Thank you to all my amazing blog buddies who left me lots of messages of love and support. xx

16 comments:

Lora said...

Yay! I hope this will be the cycle that works for you! Keep resting and hopefully those little guys are making themselves at home.

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

YAY! Congrats and I will be praying for your BFP!

Kimnus said...

Keeping everything crossed for you and hoping for that BFP with two little sticky bubs ;)

Gurlee said...

Excellent! I Am really hopeful for you! Rest up :)

lostintranslation said...

So glad it all went well. I always find it funny to read when you get valium for your ET - here in France they don't give us anything (and no recommended rest period after the transfer either). Thinking sticky thoughts for you!

knitting vixen said...

Just wanted to wish you luck :-)

A m a n d a said...

congrats on being successfully PUPO! I'm so glad those embies kept growing, and all went well. Hoping the 12th comes quickly for you. Good luck sweetie!!

LeslieGail said...

Woo hoo! That is awesome! I am glad everything went well and I will be looking forward to May 12 with you!

I laughed at the comment about getting pregnant when your husband is far away. During my four IUIs my husband was only ever present for one. Once he was actually in another country, and another time he wasn't there the nurse did the IUI so I joked that if it worked I could say, not only was my husband not present when I got pregnant, but I was impregnated by a female! haha!

Wishing you lots of love and luck in the next couple of weeks!!

Krista said...

Yay yay yay!!! So exciting and so happy for you!!! Come on little guys...sticky sticky sticky!!!

Baby Hopes said...

So exciting!!! Take wonderful care of yourself... rest and treat yourself! Congratulations on bringing home your two little ones! Sending lots of hope and love your way for the little ones to continue growing and developing and making their home in you for the next nine months!!!!

Lindsay said...

EEEEEKKK - very excited for you both. I'm hoping you have the sweetest, stickiest little beans.

Just take this wait one day at a time and be as positive as you can.

We're all keeping our fingers crossed!

JM said...

The absolute best of luck!

♥ Cass & Shane said...

Wishing you the very best of luck and I hope there is a postive result on your blood test on the 12th of May.

That Wazza sounds very funny, its always good to have someone around that is postive and funny to keep your spirt high!

Stay sticky little one!! x

TeamBabyCEO said...

How exciting! Congratulations on a great transfer and I'm keeping you in my prayers.

DandelionBreeze said...

Fantastic news... great to be PUPO :)) Wazza sounds great and there's research now to say that laughter/happiness helps with the results of IVF too :) Sending you plenty of sticky vibes. Love always xoxo

Stinky said...

all the best, wishing stickiness in your uterus!

Wazza? Is your doc? He sounds fab! Send him to NZ rightaway