Almost Easter

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I spent the day with my mum today and it was just lovely.

We started off going to an Easter Craft Fair which is held every year in our town. It's been our tradition to go each year, browse the 2nd hand book market, have morning tea and then wander the stalls of the craft fair. We've been doing this for about 6 years now.

So we grabbed some bargain books, ate some yummy pikelets with jam and cream and 'oohed and ahhed' over the gorgeous and clever crafts! Of course there were a few stalls with beautiful handmade baby/children's clothes which made me a little sad. Mum's comment was 'hopefully next year we will be able to buy some of these for your babies'. Awww..she wants to be a grandma so bad! And note she said babies...yes she is positive I will end up with twins!

After the craft fair, we went to visit my grandma who unfortunately ended up back in hospital on Thursday. She is feeling better though and they will let her out Monday. We had a nice visit and took her some lunch so she didn't have to eat the awful hospital food which she was very happy about! I also took her in a Lindt Dark Chocolate Bunny which brought a smile to her face. She decided the bunny is too cute to eat though! I have to agree with her..but the call of chocolate would win me over!!

Once we got home from the hospital we decided to take my naughty doggy down to the beach for a walk. So glad we did this...it was PERFECT!! Blue skies and sunshine...heaven!




I have spent the evening relaxing on the couch at home, watching TV and discovering lots of new blogs through ICLW!! I thought DH was meant to be home today from his camping trip but I sent him a text and he informed me that they wouldn't be home until tomorrow!!! Something he forgot to tell me before he left as I was under the assumption that it was only a 2 night trip! Never mind...maybe I'll just have to eat a few of his Easter eggs to teach him a lesson!

Tomorrow I am headed to another local market with my mum in the morning...this one is where we go to pig out on yummy food! Then tomorrow night my parents are having me, DH and my sister and her DP round for dinner. My dad is cooking us all a roast which will be super yummy and is also a family Easter tradition!

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter, however you intend to spend it!


11 comments:

lostintranslation said...

Thanks for passing by my blog! Wishing you a Happy Easter and good luck with your FET! I'll be checking in on you.

EC said...

mums and twins - when I told mine that the doctor would only put one embie back she told me to insist on two, she would love it if I had twins.

I hope Wazza works his magic with you and you end up with two little ones, I've heard amazing things about that man!

LeslieGail said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your tradition with your mom sounds wonderful! Hope your grandmother is feeling better soon. Happy Easter!

Baby Hopes said...

I love the sound of the markets and the beach is just beautiful! Happy Easter! :)

Cyndi said...

It's so nice that you have your mom close by. Mine is 8 hours away and I miss her so much specially when I'm having difficult days.

What a beautiful beach, lucky dog!

M3MU said...

That pic on the beach is GORGEOUS!! I'm so jealous! I hope things go amazingly well with you FET. I've got my fingers crossed for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Here from ICLW. Sounds like you had such a lovely day. Thanks for sharing that picture of the beach; something that beautiful deserves lots of praise!

nh said...

It sounds like you had a nice day. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with your mum.
Happy Easter & Happy ICLW

DandelionBreeze said...

What a beautiful place to live and love your Easter tradition with you mum. Hope your grandma is feeling better soon. Love to you over Easter xoxo

annie said...

Wherever you were looks absolutely beautiful and your day sounds perfect! Happy Easter & ICLW.
AP
http://mydustyuterus.blogspot.com

Liz said...

That chocolate bunny looks delicious and the beach looks divine. I wish we lived closer to the ocean, our dogs would certainly love it. I hope you had a great easter and wanted to let you know I awarded you the Versatile Blogger award!