Up...An Overshare

Monday, April 25, 2011

***So before you continue reading my post..I am going to give you a TMI warning! This post could possibly be an extreme overshare...so I apologize in advance!***


Have started my pre FET regime..extra 16 pills a day is quite hard to remember as I have to take them 4 times a day..all the other pills I have been using I take in the morning after breakfast to get them out of the way!

The 4 pessaries a day hasn't been too bad since I am home but am worried as to how I'll do at least 1 of the 4 at work. I figure I can do 1 when I get up, 1 when I get home from work and the other before bed..so that leaves 1 for work hours.

I was warned about the messiness of pessaries and the need to lie down for about 20-30 minutes after it has been inserted. I used Crinone for my first cycle and the mess wasn't so bad..it was worse once there was a build up of it..and clearing it out...vomit worthy!!

So the idea of these pessaries 4 times a day plus mess was not appealing to me..a veteran IVFer (now mummy to be) told me about the alternative...I could insert the pessaries up my 'rear passage'.

Now this was not the first time I has been told this. The nurse mentioned this on Friday when I picked the pessaries up. It was more of a 'this is an alternative as they can cause irritation or thrush'. At the time I was thinking 'hell no!!', but then the friend mentioned it and told me that not only was there little mess, you didn't need to lie around for 30 minutes after...I was almost sold.

I mentioned it to DH when he got home yesterday afternoon. He was all for this alternative given how much of a turn off the Crinone was last time round which led to a bit of a sex drought....so when it came time to do the pessaries last night I ummed and ahhed over my decision.

I am somewhat awkwardly embarrassed to say that I took the rear option. Uncomfortable the first few times but the no mess factor really grabs me. I don't want to spend the next few weeks wearing pads or panty liners collecting gunk! Especially if this cycle is successful and I would possibly be using the pessaries up to the 12 week mark. That would grow old really quick..

So there you have it. I think my blog has reached a new low in terms of oversharing! Sorry to those popping by from ICLW..I promise my posts aren't always about sticking pessaries up my rear!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

9 comments:

lostintranslation said...

haha, isn't it ridiculous what we all write about when going through IF treatments? I never heard of having to lie down for 20-30 minutes, btw, but I do agree that it is very messy - mine even messed with the glue of my panty liners... glad the other option seems to work out though, I might try it too once I have to start the pessies again! ;-)

SJ said...

I think we've all passed the TMI limit ages ago. :-) I'm glad you found a solution that works for you. Good luck!

Krista said...

I considered it too....but I finally got a handle on my mess, so I decided not to try the "back end." But, hey..ya gotta do what ya gotta do! No shame in that at all!

Sushigirl said...

I was going to write "I always prefer it up my bum" but erm, that could be taken as an overshare on an entirely different topic!

DandelionBreeze said...

Sounds like a good choice... I hate the mess too. All the best heading into your FET... I'll be joining you soon {hopefully} xoxo

Stinky said...

Oh yep, if you're in the gutter, I'm here too

*follows*

Babysteps said...

I have heard those are messy! Wishing you all the best on your FET cycle!!

Happy ICLW!

Babysteps #51

Cyndi said...

TMI doesn't exist in our world!

The things we must do! It will pay off though!

Jamie said...

Hello from ICLWland! Your "TMI" really made me smile, and now I've learned something new! Good luck with your upcoming FET!