It's On!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

My period started yesterday afternoon but because it was in the PM I couldn't count CD1 until today....

So today marks CD1 and the beginning of our FET cycle. On top of my supplements/meds I have already been taking I added Feldene & Prednisone into the mix so I am now up to 8 tablets a day (plus my berocca drink). Tomorrow I start Letrozole (2 more tablets) and I have a very early morning scan with Wazza. Going to have to leave the house at around 5am to make it on time..not pleasant for a Sunday morning! Oh well...a small price to pay I suppose.

From there I will continue with Letrozole from day 2-6, add Clexane injections from day 7 and then will have another scan on day 12. Then there will be a trigger injection, more meds and the transfer itself (if our thaw goes to plan). So hopefully in another 2 weeks or so we will have 2 perfect embies transferred and I will be PUPO with twins!! And then all I can do is hope that in another 2 weeks after that we will receive the news that the cycle was successful and I am pregnant again...

Hoping the time passes quickly. I would quite happily fast forward past it all to the day of the blood test...

Oh on a random note, a friend of mine is working with a lady who is pregnant after an IVF cycle. She had 2 embryos put back in and is expecting triplets!!!!! I told DH this and he freaked out a little that this could possibly happen to us...I told him whatever happened whether it be 1 baby or 3, we would cope. I suppose the one thing this whole TTC journey has taught me is to expect the unexpected...triplets would be a shock, but I would just feel 3 times as blessed if this were the outcome of our FET.

2 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

Fantastic news.... wow - you're on so many meds :)) Not taking anything for my FET cycle ironically makes me feel very deprived ! My clinic just watchs and waits but not sure I trust my body - would almost prefer to be taking medication now :)) Yeah triplets would be a handful but extremely rare to happen out of a double transfer :) Looking forward to sharing this cycle with you xoxo

Lindsay said...

Glad to hear the ball is rolling again. I hope things are easier this time around.