Another Hurdle & A Happy Husband

Monday, May 30, 2011

I (like lots of others it seems) am having issues with commenting. C'mon Blogger pick up your game!! So I do apologise if I am not commenting much...I keep trying and some blogs I get through on and others I don't. Very frustrating!

Getting through tomorrow without any dramas is the next hurdle in this pregnancy. Tomorrow I will be 7w3d and this is when I lost Bubble earlier this year. I am hoping with all my heart that history does not repeat itself and I can get through the day with nothing going wrong. Then it will only be 2 and bit days until the scan and I can hopefully see our little one/s and know they are ok.

Despite my probably very worried sounding posts, I am actually doing quite well at focusing on all the positives. I think I am using my blog as a bit of an outlet for my fears and it's helping (to a degree) to keep me calm!

This baby (or babies) is kicking my butt and I have never been more grateful for the fact that I only work 3 days a week. It means that on the other 4 days I can sleep in and have nanna naps during the day when I run out of energy. Today (after a terrible nights sleep) I dozed on and off until 10am..then forced myself to get up and clean the house (which was well and truly overdue for going over). Pushed myself too hard with the housework and spent the rest of the day laying on the couch watching TV and feeling a little nauseous. Think next time I'll try and clean when DH is home so he can help me out!!

DH is feeling more positive about this pregnancy which I am quite surprised about. I'm not sure if I blogged about it earlier on, but he was adamant that he would not be getting excited until I passed the 12 week mark.

Well his tune seems to have changed. ..

I'm not sure if it's because I am so close to the first scan, or because he has more faith in our doctor and what he has done..but I'm glad. Honestly, up until now he has almost ignored the fact that I am pregnant. Unless I bought it up (and I only would to update on the blood tests etc) it has not been spoken about. I even tried to broach a conversation with him about choosing a hospital and obstetrician the other week when I was trying to decide and he shut me down.

The past 2 days on the phone he has bought up the pregnancy and baby (babies?) on his own. I was gobsmacked! He even started talking about what we need to do to the spare room to prepare it for a baby's arrival. He also mentioned that we should start looking around and shopping when he is home next. You could have knocked me down with a feather! It seems my quiet approach and letting him mull things over in his own time has worked! Quite a relief in many ways as I was worried about not being able to share my excitement with him (especially if this scan goes well). Now it seems that I have 1 excited daddy to be on board.

I know he is disappointed about missing the first scan. He mentioned it this afternoon. I reminded him it was on at 12:30pm and his response was 'oh that's no good for me..I'll be asleep'. I might have to ask him if he will leave his phone on that day so I can call as soon as I finish my appointment. I want him to be the first to know the outcome-good or bad. Hoping I'll be able to take a picture of the screen so I can send him that straight away too!

4 more sleeps..hang in there little one/s. We love you.

4 comments:

Greeny said...

-grins- ^_^ love ya! <3

Jessica said...

:)

Glad to hear your husband is being positive and hopefully passing that on to you. Excited for you and baby/ies!

~Jess
http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

♥ Cass & Shane said...

WOW I just cant believe how quick the time has gone and you are already 7 weeks and 3 days. Glad your hubby is starting to get excited and positive about it all. Good luck with the scan and wishing you all the luck in the world! x

Emms said...

That's so awesome that he is starting to get into it! What does he do that he's away so much?
ICLW 69