Friday, August 5, 2011

Well I am still sick which is not fun. So after staying home Tuesday I figured I would be able to cope with work on Wednesday...no such luck! I lasted half the day and was on my way home again. Decided I may as well take Thursday off and give myself plenty of time to recover. I went to the GP yesterday to get a medical certificate and she gave me a thorough checking over. Ended up leaving there with a script for some antibiotics to start in 24 hours if I was still not feeling great.

I was really hoping I'd wake up this morning feeling better so I wouldn't have to use the ABs...but I felt the same and figured I should try the drugs and kick this illness in the butt. I am sick of feeling so miserable and lethargic..I just want to feel good again. I know the ABs are safe for baby, but I usually suffer some stomach upset related side effects from them which is never fun. I got some Inner Health from the chemist when I filled my script, so hopefully that will combat the stomach issues.

DH is now home. I don't think he was impressed coming home after 2 weeks to a sick wife, but he has been looking after me well. He's come off 2 weeks of night shift so has been quite tired and is struggling to get back into a normal sleeping routine...which is why he is currently passed out on the couch! Hopefully next week he will start work on the baby's room...I need him to knock down a wall. Once he has done that then we can paint. I really want to get the ball rolling on this preparation...I can't believe it's August already. It will be the end of the year before we know it (and that scares the bejeebus out of me!!).

4 comments:

babycrazykiwi said...

Scares the bejeebus out of me too!!! I feel like life is moving too quickly. Hope you're feeling better soon and cheers for your comment on my blog. My addy is babycrazykiwi.blogspot.com if you want to follow :)

Happy day

♥ Cass & Shane said...

I know what you mean about the year going quick.. someone said to me the other day about something happening in September and I said.. "oh thats ages away" but it next month!!!! its crazy how this year is flying by! I hope you start to feel better so. there is so much going around at the moment :( x

lostintranslation said...

Oh, so sorry you're still not feeling well! Take good care of yourself!

DandelionBreeze said...

Sorry to hear that you've not been feeling well... rest up and look after yourself. Love to you and bub always xoxo