Day 30-About My Husband

Monday, October 25, 2010

So I thought I would wrap up my 30 Days of Blogging with something fairly interesting (well I hope it's interesting!!).

I mention my DH so much on here that I figure it's only fair to tell you a little more about him! And for the record I'll call him A!

-A is a Valentines Day baby and around 9 months older than me.
-He is a Kiwi (New Zealander) but has now lived in Australia longer!!
-He does not have an accent though..but can fake a good one (imagine beached as whale..)
-A's father died when he was 17 of a heart attack. Infact his father died in his arms while he was performing CPR. :-(
-He is a mechanic by trade but gave this up when he got a job in the mining industry (about 2 years ago now).
-We went to the same high school, were in the same grade & had mutual friends, but did not meet until a year after school had finished!
-A has almost every type of license you can think of (car, boat, truck, jet ski & gun).
-His latest hobby is shooting. He recently got his gun license and we are waiting for the first gun permit to come through so he can pick it up from the store. He is determined to start going out hunting with one of his mates and is quite excited at the prospect of shooting pigs and kangaroos...(both pests here so it's legal).
-A is such a blokey bloke. His other hobbies are fishing, moto riding and 4 Wheel Driving. Loves to be outdoors and go camping. He is still trying to convince me that it's fun!
-He is super friendly and will strike up a conversation with anyone. Definitely not shy!
-A has one tattoo, on his arm. It's actually his second tattoo but as his first was done too small for his arm they just drew over and extended it to make it bigger. I think he has plans for a few more.
-A is a very kind person and will do anything to help out a friend/family member in need. Sometimes this is hard when people (like his sister) take advantage of this kindness.
-He is actually a very good cook when he puts his mind to it. Has made me some lovely meals over the years. Just not so good at cleaning up afterwards!!!!
-We met when we were both 18 (I had just had my 18th birthday 2 weeks prior).
-A proposed to me while we were sitting on the couch watching TV. He had been planning to wait until my 21st birthday but was so excited about picking up my rings that he just blurted it out that night!!!!

Most of all I know that he loves me very much and would do anything for me. He has been my rock through many hard times and I know my life would not be so wonderful without him. I am very proud to call him my husband, and so happy we get to spend our lives together.


Ok...so I know that was all a little soppy but I had to do something special for the 30th day!!!! Finally finished this blogging project which I think I started early September! Knew I would get there eventually, and hopefully you all know me a little bit better now.

0 comments: