Update and a Short Rant

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Got my script for the pill yesterday, along with a letter from my FS detailing my next steps.

So I need to...

-fill my script
-wait for AF to arrive
-start taking the pill
-let FS and clinic know AF has started
-have a scan done (baseline scan so they have something to compare with later on)

And then I suppose I will be waiting (again) for AF to turn up so I can start all the new drugs.

Very impatient to get started!

DH arrived home yesterday and will be here for 3 weeks!!! So nice to have him home. This is the longest he has been ohms for in about 1.5 years and the first time he will be here for my birthday in 2 years! Fun times ahead!

All systems go for the bucks/hens nights we are going to this weekend. I am hosting the hens at our house and the boys are going bush camping. Friday/Saturday I will be running around on bridesmaid duties (we still need shoes) and then I will be getting the house in order and cooking up a storm for Saturday night.

I am looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I am not really into hens nights. All I had was dinner and a few drinks. The other 2 bridesmaids decided we should go all out so we are having cocktails, games and even a show! We have a guy coming to do 'Puppetry of the Penis' (just google it if you have no idea what that involves). I am now desperately hoping that everyone coming has a sense of humour! Plus it's that extra added pressure of being 'hostess'...I'm sure I will have fun on the night but right now I am stressing about the details!

Then next week will be any last minute wedding stuff the bride wants a hand with and the wedding is then on Friday.

Not sure when I will get time with my week and a bit off work to relax...but I will try my hardest!

Now on a completely different note...I am going to have a short rant. I have warned you! I would also like to point out that I am ranting about people in real life so don't take offense!

Today I have been so tempted to post this as my Facebook status update...(but won't because I am too nice & not ready to come out of the infertility closet to everyone).

[summastarlet] finds it offensive when people continuously complain about their pregnancies. Next time you go to open your mouth about morning sickness or swollen feet give a thought to someone like me (an infertile) who would kill to be suffering pregnancy ailments instead of experiencing heart break month after month.

Really, if I had more guts I would post this. And I know I would get an outraged response (more so than an influx of support). So I will just imagine doing it, share it with my fellow bloggers and move on.

Rant over.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:At work

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I think that Puppetry of the Penis is one of the best things your country has exported. I saw a live production of it in a theater in Boston and it was fantastically hilarious. I have also rented the DVD on several occasions. Husband does not want to try "The Hamburger" even though it looks so easy. Hahahahahaha. It's so neat that you get to have it at a party!!!!!

And PS if you posted that Facebook status, I'd totally click "like."

Summastarlet said...

Awww thanks Lauren. I am still very tempted to post that status!

PP should be a blast!!