Day 20-Fifty Things About Me

Monday, October 4, 2010

Been saving this for a day when I have plenty of time...so here it is- 50 things about me. Some you may know, but I hope you might learn something new (and hopefully interesting) about me!

1. I am a Scorpio.
2. I have one younger sister.
3. My favourite band is the Foo Fighters.
4. I am a bookworm. 
5. I met my DH 2 weeks after I turned 18.
6. I am the first person in my family to go to university.
7. My first job was working in a bakery.
8. During my first year of university I worked nights as a waitress in an Indian restaurant.
9. I have a large collection of board games.
10. DH and I own over 500 DVDs.
11. I have emetophobia.
12. My favourite movie growing up was 'The Sound of Music'. It's still one of my favourites to this day!
13. I saw a boy chop his finger off while trying to get money out of a drain when I was 8 years old. 
14. My mum is one of my best friends.
15. I broke my foot stepping off a bed when I was 10 years old and was on crutches for 6 weeks.
16. Growing up I wanted to be an actress and I joined an amatuer theatre group when I was 10.
17. I was in the girl guides from age 8-10 years and even became leader of my pack!! I had a sash full of badges too!
18. My favourite toys were my barbie dolls when I was little. I had a massive collection and a suitcase full of clothes for them all. 
19. I used to enter competitions (stuff in the paper, colouring competitions etc) growing up and won so much stuff! CD's, movie tickets, doll house, a tent, year supply of Aeroplane Jelly, chocolate, a cordless drill for my dad...I used to be really lucky!!
20. I used to keep journals through my teenage years. They were full of agnst and unrequited love...I re-read them all a few years ago and was so embarassed by the contents that I destroyed the lot!
21. The saddest day of my life (to date) was the day my pop died. 
22. When I moved out of home I survived on icy poles and vegemite toast...oh and caffine!
23. My first 'real' boyfriend was when I was 17. He was 24. My parents were not impressed.
24. That boyfriend dumped me in a letter. He wasn't man enough to tell me in person. 
25. My first 'boyfriend' was a little boy called James. We were in grade 1 and held hands. He died of leukemia before he could finish the first grade...
26. We had a pet cat when I was little. She was mean and whenever you would try to pat her, she would scratch you. As a result, I am not a cat person.
27. My first time on a plane was when I was 16. We went on a school trip to Canberra.
28. I do not eat fish or seafood.
29. My favourite food is mexican.
30. I am a chocoholic!
31. I have one tattoo..but would like a few more.
32. When I was 17 I got my nipple pierced...and ended up in hospital!
33. My favourite books are the 'Tomorrow When The War Began' series by John Marsden. I have read them over and over again.
34. My first car cost only $500.
35. I didn't get my drivers license until I was almost 19...slacker! 
36. I can drive a manual...and infact I have only ever had manual cars!
37. I cannot reverse park!
38. I burst into song at random moments...in the shower, doing the dishes, cooking, lying on the couch...It drives my DH insane. Especially when I start doing dance moves as well...LOL
39. I was scared of ET (yes that cute little alien) when I was a little girl. He gave me nightmares for months and I couldn't sleep without my bedside light on. 
40. I can ride a motorbike...not well.
41. I am learning how to shoot a gun (will get more practice once DH gets his license and he can take me up to the shooting range).
42. I collected stamps growing up...can you say geek?!?! 
43. I suffered from depression when I was 17/18. It was the worst year of my life. 
44. When I worked as a youth worker I was biten and spat on by one of the children I worked with. This was not a good day! 
45. My favourite job (to date) was being a youth worker and working in the residential. I loved working with the kids and seeing them progress...even if it was only baby steps! 
46. I have never donated blood...but I want to (just chicken). 
47. One time I got very drunk and ended up being taken for a ride in a police car to my friends house. Definitely not my finest hour...but technically I hadn't done anything wrong!
48. I was so nervous walking up the aisle on my wedding day with my dad that I almost cried. The only way I could stop myself wasto grit my teeth and not look at anyone...which is why the photos taken early in the ceremony do not seem like I am enjoying the happiest day of my life!
49. I spent hours and hours as a teenager in chat rooms and used to stay up to all hours of the morning talking to my 'friends'. I was always amazed at how bitchy chatrooms could get.
50. With my first pay from my first job I bought myself a very cool pair of bright red Reeboks! I was so proud...

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'd never heard of emetophobia before! Oh boy... pregnancy is going to be a challenge!

This is fun to read :)

Summastarlet said...

No I didn't know there was even a name for my phobia until a little while ago. I probably don't have an extreme case but it's effected me since I was about 8 years old.

Will be interesting to see how I handle morning sickness as I can count on one hand the number of tines I have vomited inthe past 15 years!