Just a quick one

Friday, October 15, 2010

FS believes IVF is our best chance for success. He reiterated that unless we can use fresh sperm then IUI is a bust. With the frozen sample we have he believes we would have less than 5% chance of success. Pretty shitty odds even for IUI.

He was not concerned about my weird period. All he asked was if it came on time. And it pretty much did, give or take a day or two.

Good news is I won't be needing ovarian drilling at this stage! Quite happy to skip that one!!!

I have an appointment on Monday with the IVF clinic nurses to go through the ins and outs of IVF. Then when we start all really comes down to how soon we can get the money together...

Looking at a few options to come up with the cash sooner rather than later. I would love to try ne t cycle but might be pushing it. All depends on a few things. Keep your fingers crossed that we can work it out.

Told my parents today about needing IVF. Needless to say they were shocked. More shocked when I told them how much money we need to do it. I hate putting this crap news on people but you can't exactly lie now when they ask...especially when they knew I had an appointment today. Oh well..that's what families are for I guess-sharing the good and bad.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Just Me said...

Aw Summa. Sorry to hear that FS has given you that news. I hear you about not wanting to dump bad news onto your family but you are right that is what families are there for, to be there in the good and the bad. You can't lie, this is reality for you and it would be unfair of them to think that you need to slap a smile on and pretend to be happy all the time. Good news about not needing the drilling.. hopefully good news keeps coming!!!

XXXX