excitement plus!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dates for IVF have changed slightly so DH can be home for egg pick up & transfer.

At this stage we are looking at 25th November to start injecting and 8th December for egg pick up (all going well). Then I think it can be anywhere from 2-4 days before they transfer back into me.

So it looks like I am either going to get the very best or worst Christmas present!

I am feeling nervous and excited that we are getting close to this all happening. The nerves are mostly about the injections and fear of failing of course. The excitement is pretty obvious I'd assume...by Christmas time I could be pregnant! I may get to end 2010 on a high note and I will get a 2011 bub! -cue squeals of excitement-

I am feeling positive right now. Success rates for IVF for under 30's are quite high. I am aiming to stay positive throughout the entire process. I do not want to be all doom and gloom. I don't want to stress myself out with negative thoughts either.

I have a fantastic cheer squad to keep those negative thoughts away. My DH, mum, sister and of course GreenSprout & Nani are at the top of the list.

Had a wonderful chat with my mum about it all today. She is super excited for us. I know she can't wait to be a grandma. She is super cute when she sees my cousin's twins, so I can imagine how much she will enjoy having her own grandbabies to enjoy.

DH and I have also had a great chat. He was keen to shift the dates so he could be present and hopefully use a fresh sample rather then our frozen one which would require ICSI. He is confident that IVF is going to work for us first time round and thinks we will end up with twins (my sister is another who thinks twins will be our end result!). It's nice that he is excited about this and is willing to have conversations with me. Come a long way from when we first started TTC.

It's very weird taking the pill each morning. I never thought I would go back onto this form of contraception, but it's a step closer to our IVF cycle and part of this process I suppose. I have to keep reminding myself to take it each morning...I'm so forgetful with stuff like that!

I am back to work on Tuesday which is such a downer. I have enjoyed my time off so much! Especially since DH has been around. He has one more week off and will then head back to work. I think he will find it hard to get back into his work routine too.

We are also frantically looking for a new car for DH. Hoping he will find one before he heads back to work (even better if its before the weekend). Otherwise he will be stuck at home without a car when I head down south for my cousins wedding. I don't think he is too keen for this to happen, so hopefully this will spur him on to make a decision!

1 comments:

Greeny said...

*Zooms across post with banner aflap*

*bounce bounch bounce*

*commences small routine*

*gets carried away and converts to full scale routine with flashing lights and disco music*

*collapses with mild exhuastion, nails banner into the ground moon landing style and disppears off for a recovery break*