An Award!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I have been given an award!



The Versatile Blogger Award from Lauren at 'Lauren Vs The World'.

I must say I am pretty chuffed! So big thank you to the lovely Lauren! So what does this award mean? Well...now I must:


* Thank and link back to the person who gave me the award (that's Lauren)


* Share 7 things about myself


* Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers (not sure I have 15 to award but I'll do my best)
* Make sure I contact these bloggers to let them know about the award


So here it goes...7 Things About Yours Truly!


1. When I was young I had a giant Barbie doll collection. I think I must have had between 15-20 different dolls and a giant suitcase full of clothes! They were my favourite toys and I used to set up elaborate houses all over my room and play for hours. They are all still in the roof storage at my parents house. Maybe one day I'll have a little girl to bring them out for.


2. I work at a university as a student counsellor.


3. I have Emetophobia...yup a fear of vomit/vomitting. It started when I was about 7-I freaked out one time when my sister got sick and it's something I haven't been able to control since. When someone says they feel sick or feel like they are going to vomit, I freeze. My heart starts pounding, my anxiety climbs off the scales and all I want to do is run very far away.


4. I love, love, love watching old musicals like "Singin' In The Rain" & "The Sound of Music". I know all the words to the songs and sing along every time I watch.


5. My DH and I met when we were both 18. We had gone to the same high school together, had mutual friends but did not meet until a year after school ended.


6. My favourite food is Mexican. Tacos, nachos, burritos, enchiladas, tostadas...I love it all!


7. The last book I read was "Room" by Emma Donoghue. I read it in 2 days. It's captivating but quite disturbing.


So now I just have to tag some lovely blogging buddies...


1. And So It Goes @ 'Life In The Detours'
2. Rebecca @ Crazy Lady Ramblings
3. Awaiting Our Miracle
4. Saranissa @ My Journey Towards Motherhood
5. Nani @ Paranoid & Pregnant
6. Lindsay @ Waiting For That Positive
7. Married Em @ Now What
8. Green Sprout @ The (Baby) Elephant In The Bedroom


I think I will leave it at 8 for now. So ladies-you know what to do. Share and thank, 7 things about you and spread the love to your fellow bloggers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw thank you hun x

Lindsay said...

Thank you for the nom, I'll have to start sharing the love!

I really want to read Room and added it to my bookclub's list for this year. Hopefully we get around to it soon.

Lauren said...

I love that you say chuffed. :) That's awesome that you work as a student counselor. I'd love to do that! I need to find a better area of counseling to work in, since right now I'm in in-home family counseling. :(

My DH and I met in high school too and didn't start dating til after I graduated college :)