A Milestone, a Freakout & Something Sweet

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

7 Weeks today!

1 week and 1 day until we get to see Bubble.
5 weeks until we reach the 12 week mark.

Paranoia has kicked in today. I am 7 weeks pregnant. Where is the morning sickness? How come my symptoms aren't changing? Maybe Bubble is not doing so well. Maybe we won't hear a heartbeat next week.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

My head is swimming. I am trying to stay positive. I am trying to be rational. But it's not working. Freaking myself out (and hopefully for nothing). I have no idea how to eliviate these fears. I don't think anything will until I see that little blob on the screen and hear a beautiful heartbeat. Nothing else will help me to relax. Not until I know our little Bubble is safe and healthy.

I am sure everything is fine and Bubble is happily making him/herself at home but there's always a 'what if'.

The rain eased here overnight and after a few showers this morning we had some sunshine. Helped to start drying the water on the roads. Still not out of the woods yet. There are still flood warnings in place and many roads closed. Towns still isolated and running out of food. Brisbane is suffering from the rising of the river. I am grateful that my local area has been very lucky and not flooded to the extreme like many other towns. I watched this clip on You Tube with photos from the flood affected areas. So sad to watch, especially when you recognise many of the places. Some of it is unbelievable. Where can all this water come from?!!? It's like something out of a movie.



On a more positive note, I just got the cutest text message from DH...

'Goodnight. Love you, Bubble & Jett.'

He is on night shift so we talk on the phone after I finish work and then if he gets a chance I get a good night text. I got all teary reading this one though. Oh and Jett is our dog if you are wondering!

0 comments: