Bedtime Ramble

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I have been meaning to do this for awhile but it keeps slipping my mind...

WELCOME to all my new followers!! Thanks for reading! I have (hopefully) followed all your blogs but if I haven't let me know. I am interested in reading about your journeys too. Can I also just say thank you to my fellow bloggers who have been leaving me lovely, supportive comments...I am very grateful for all your kind words. It means a lot to me.

Is it completely sad (and strange) that I blog in my head through out the day?!? I am hoping it isn't just me...I suppose it just shows how much this blog helps me to put all my feelings down on paper computer screen and get them out of my head and into cyber space. It's a good release and a cheap version of therapy I suppose.

Everyday I see something in the news that again makes me question why we have still not been blessed with a baby, yet other people manage just fine (and do not realise how lucky they are). Usually these events are taking place in another country or at least another state, but today it was close to home...In the local paper today there was an article about a mother who left her baby on the beach in a pram while she went swimming in the ocean!! Eeeek! Are you kidding me?!?! There was no one else there watching the baby, and I'm not sure how it came about but the police turned up (thank goodness). However this woman was let off with a warning...Maybe it's just me being bitter but I don't think that's enough. My mind went into over drive when I read this article thinking of all the different things that could have happened to that poor little baby while mum was out enjoying a nice, cool swim. Seriously...WHAT AN IDIOT!!

I slept terribly last night. Tossed and turned. I have even been trying some natural sleeping tablets but I don't know how well they are working. You are meant to take them for a few weeks before they start to work properly so I'll persevere for another week before I name them as totally useless. Tonight I've tried a different strategy...I've kept myself busy. I've baked 4 dozen biscuits, a tray of chocolate slice and played my Kinect dance game...hoping I have worn myself out completely and after I read for awhile I will just drop into a nice, deep sleep...(very wishful thinking on my part right now...but I hope it happens). I could not function properly at work today. My brain did not want to cooperate. I got very little done. Felt useless. If I had more sick days up my sleeve I would have stayed in bed this morning...

Well that's enough garble from me. Time to try and sleep.

2 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

Great to be following with you and share the journey :) Hope you slept better xo

babycrazykiwi said...

I blog in my head too. Mostly when I drive to work. I day-dream about the BFP post I will hopefully make one day...its amazing how helpful it is to write things down. I'm not someone who can exist on little sleep either so know how you feel! Hope you have had a better nights sleep :)