Blogging Awards

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I have been nominated for 2 awards!

Thanks go to Liz @ Compromised Fertility for thinking of me for the 'Versatile Blogger Award'.


And to New Year Mum @ Our New Beginning..(hopefully) for the 'Stylish Blogger Award'.




Feeling very special!!

So here's how it works:

1. Winners put the award images on their blog.
2. Link back to the person/s that nominated you for the award/s.
3. Share 10 things about yourself.
4. Award 15 bloggers.
5. Contact the bloggers you have nominated and let them know about their award.

10 Things About Me

1. We have been TTC for almost 21 months..rapidly approaching our 2 year TTC anniversary in August.

2. I suffer from emetophobia (a phobia of vomiting) and have since I was about 7 years old. My phobia is more about other people vomiting and I cannot stand to hear or see it happen. I have gotten slightly less anxious about this compared to when I was a kid...but I still have a way to go. Hopefully having children will help as I'm sure dealing with vomit will be a regular occurrence.

3. My favourite band is the Foo Fighters! I have all their albums and have seen them in concert several times. My favourite song from their collection is Next Year.

4. I love to bake. Cupcakes, muffins, biscuits, cakes...I try to only do it when my DH comes home otherwise I would be eating my creations all by myself!

5. When I first finished school, my career choice of the time was photographer. I even got into an exclusive arts university to study a Bachelor of Photography, but after 6 months I changed my mind and decided to stick with photography as a hobby!

6. I have 1 sister who is almost 4 years younger than me. We fought A LOT growing up but became friends once I moved out of home. I now consider her one of my best friends.

7. I met my DH 2 weeks after I turned 18 and we have been inseparable ever since!

8. My favourite toys when I was growing up were my barbie dolls. I had a massive collection of dolls plus a suitcase full of their clothes. I spent hours setting up houses for them all and could spend all day playing with them. One year I got some quints dolls (little barbie sized babies which were super cute) and I was then obsessed with making Barbie pregnant and having kids...(I guess I was obsessed with TTC and babies even when I was a kid!).

9. When I was really young I wanted to be a nurse (obviously before my vomit phobia) and had a little uniform that I used to wear and I carried around my toy medical kit.

10. We have a massive DVD collection. I'm talking hundreds and hundreds of movies. However, every time I decide I want to watch a DVD I look through them and decide we have 'nothing to watch'...go figure!

My Nominees

1. Kelli @ Cinderella Wore Glass Slippers
2. Marissa @ Eggs in a Basketcase
3. Ducky @ I'm Just Ducky, Thanks
4. JMM @ It's Just Us Chickens
5. Me & You @ Me & You, Just Us-Two
6. Leigh @ My Hormanocoaster
7. Cyndi @ Then Comes  the Baby in the Baby Carriage
8. Lostintranslation @ We Say IVF They Say FIV
9. Karen @ (Impatiently) Waiting
10. Beyond AngelBaby @ Beyond Angel Baby..Life After Stillbirth
11. Rochelle @ Simply Rochelle
12. C. Sue @ Infertility: A Diary
13. Nicole @ Nicole's World
14. Tara @ Our Journey
15. Jay @ Stork Stalking

So take your pick ladies-'Stylish Blogger' or 'Versatile Blogger'!

8 comments:

LeslieGail said...

Oh thank you so much for the award! So sweet!

And I love the story about trying to make your quints dolls pregnant! Too cute!

A m a n d a said...

Congrats!

I love reading non-IF stuff about fellow bloggers, it's so interesting :)

Kelli said...

Thank you so much for the award..what good new to see this morning...too bad my phone wouldn't let me respond!

I <3 the Foo Fighters too and would sing along to their album walking home from college.

Have you seen the movie "Adam"? I really liked this one.

Lauren said...

HAHA I had the Quints too. And there was a variation of them where you'd get a magic bag and you wouldn't know how many babies or which sex they would be, so you'd buy it and have like triplets or quintuplets. I made my barbies give birth too. They'd be pregnant with clothes stuffed up their dress. Agh. Poor six year old Lauren who had a million Barbies and thought being a mom would be so easy!

PS I used to live about 4 miles from Dave Grohl when I lived in Virginia during part of high school. He had a cow farm. I never met him but I like to think we breathed some of the same air.

DandelionBreeze said...

Love the things about you :)) xoxo

Cyndi said...

I'm so glad for the good news!

Cyndi said...

Oh Gosh just realized I placed the comment above on the wrong post! It was meant for your post above!

I love baking too! The DVD collection ... I know what you mean! I am the same way, nothing to watch!

Thanks so much for the award!

lostintranslation said...

Well, I obviously am lousy at acceptance speeches because I completely forgot to thank you here! So, I guess better late than never: THANK YOU! ;-) I'm glad I found your blog and good luck with the wait.