5 Week Worries

Saturday, May 14, 2011

So wasn't impressed by Bloggers massive fail the other day! Disappearing posts and comments..not cool!

So a thank you to those who left me a comment about our exciting news..I didn't get to read most of them (Bloggers fault) but thank you for thinking of me!!

I have to say it is weird to be back here...back being pregnant. I guess this is partially due to not wanting to get too excited just yet. While part of me wants to tell everyone and start making plans again, the rest of me is saying 'shut up and settle down..you remember what happened last time'. This quickly snaps me back to reality..and the thoughts of maybe losing this baby/babies too.

I'm due for another BT next Thursday and then the nurse said another week or 2 after that for the scan. I have been mulling it over in my head and I have decided I'm going to call on Monday and see if I can do the repeat BT on Monday or Tuesday...partly because I can't wait any longer and partly because I can't afford to take another day off work to travel to the clinic to have it done. Then I am going to ask if the scan can be bumped forward to the week after. I will be just past 6 weeks. Considering Bubble only measured 5w5d at our first (and only) scan (when I was almost 8 weeks along), I can't stand the thought of waiting it out until then for what could possibly (though I hope it's not) bad news.

I am really hoping the nurse understands my worries and agrees to these changes...otherwise I will be going to my GP and asking for BTs and scan requests...otherwise I may just drive myself insane with awful thoughts.

I think once I see my levels are rising and see a little blob (or 2) on the screen (maybe even with a flicker of a heartbeat) then I can relax slightly and believe that this is actually happening.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Gurlee said...

A huge congratulations! It is impossible not to worry but I bet that everything is going to be just fine :)

Krista said...

Well, I totally missed your posts because of the great blogger outage!!! Just wanted to stop in and give you a HUGE congratulations!!! I couldn't be more happy for you sweetie!

DandelionBreeze said...

Huge congratulations again :)) Blogger is so frustrating... esp. to lose such an important post about your announcement. Sooo excited for you and can completely understand your worries... I would want the bloods and scan too. I'm sure s/he'll understand... seeing your little one/s on a scan is so reassuring. Looking forward to your update news :) Love always xoxo

Awaiting our miracle said...

I'm so sorry for not commenting earlier, but I wanted to send you a great big congratulations on your BFP!!! That is fantastic news. Wishing you all the best for the remainder of your pregnancy. Kim