Trying to Relax

Monday, May 16, 2011

I went and saw my GP today. I was stressing myself out too much to hold out until Thursday for my next blood test. Luckily my GP is awesome and sent me off for a BT and promised me the results by the afternoon!

My HCG levels have now reached 2600. Breathed a big sigh of relief when she told me this over the phone.

I will do another BT on Thursday (as per clinics instructions) and then hopefully I can relax a little more until we get to our first scan.

I did ask my GP if she would send me off for a scan this week and given how stressed I am about this pregnancy, she decided it would not be worth the possible extra stress. It's early days and chances of seeing everything where it should be and see the little flicker of a heartbeat is low. She doesn't want me to have this happen and then spend another week or 2 worrying until the scan is repeated.

Makes sense. Hopefully the clinic will only make me wait another week or so before a scan anyway. I'm sure I can hold out that long.

So for now I'll follow my GPs orders and look after myself both physically and mentally. Best thing I can do for me and our little one/s right now.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

10 comments:

lostintranslation said...

I'm glad you have such a great GP and that you are now a bit more reassured with the new beta numbers. Keeping everything crossed for a wonderful and uneventful pregnancy for you!

Baby Hopes said...

Beautiful numbers!!! Congratulations!!! I agree... take care of yourself and your little ones... lots of rest and pampering!!!

Mrs. Lydon said...

Yay for great beta numbers!!! Deep breaths dont over think it...I know way easier said than done.

Just Me said...

After a MC especially this is a really tough time. But hang in there, you will get through it. Try yor best to remain calm but I know it's near imossible. Probably best to wait forth scan, not much longer to go now :-D

You'll be poppin out baby(ies) in no time ;-)

Kelli said...

That's great your GP was understanding! What happy numbers...I am so happy for you! Take care of yourself!

Jenny said...

Such good news, I'm so happy for you! Good move on delaying the scan, although I know it's terribly hard to wait. Can't wait to read your good news after you see the heartbeat in a few weeks!

DandelionBreeze said...

Great results... and sensible decision about the scan. No need for more stress. The waiting is so hard but hopefully time will fly by before your scan... looking forward to seeing pictures of your little one xoxo

♥ Cass & Shane said...

great news!! Im so happy for you!! Im sure everything will go perfectly for you!

Lindsay said...

I hope you have some lovely time relaxing and enjoying that sweet thought that you really are with child.

tara @ the every things said...

those are so high!!! yay! now this is one time in a womans IF journey i will say..RELAX :)