Strange wishes

Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm still alive!! Just been battling off the last of this cold and haven't felt like I had much to write about.

My DH is home now and it's great. I missed him so much. He is a bit of a zombie still as his body clock is all out of whack from 2 weeks straight of night shift, but hopefully by tomorrow he will be back to normal!

I have almost shaken the cold and so grateful that I seemed to only cop a mild dose. I have been talking to so many people that have caught it and been really sick. I am hoping that I will avoid a stronger case of it further into winter...Am planning to check with the obstetrician at my first appointment whether it is safe/worthwhile for me to have a flu shot...

Asides from the cold I have been feeling pretty good. Plenty of symptoms still happening, though the lack of morning sickness still has me a little worried...surely I'm not going to escape completely unscathed??!

Symptoms to date:

-extreme tiredness
-extreme hunger
-nausea (when I'm really hungry, and now happening most evenings)
-sore/sensitive boobs and nipples
-bigger boobs (DH has confirmed this for me...hahaha)
-heightened sense of smell
-metallic taste in mouth
-still some light cramping
-bloating
-increased CM (keep forgetting to mention this...wow...very wet down there....)
-mood swings
-dry skin

All this comforts me in some strange way...makes me feel like something is still going on in there and that blob is ok. I really would feel better if I spewed a few times though...is that weird?!?

5 comments:

Sushigirl said...

When I was (briefly) pregnant earlier this year I was advised to get a flu shot. I didn't because I was too worried - as it turns out, the shot was the least of my worries - but I was told it was recommended.

lostintranslation said...

Glad you're feeling better. And just forget about the morning sickness - be glad you don't have it! I never was sick the first time and not now either. My neighbor was sick for her entire pregnancy and that was no fun! All the other symptoms are classic pregnancy symptoms!

Kimnus said...

When I was pregnant I just felt nausea and that was it, there was no vomiting. All the symptoms that you have written down are all on the right track and sounds like your little bubby is growing strong!

I am glad that you are feeling better from your cold.

Jaquilyn said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!!! Hope your symptoms keep up! They're a great sign! :)

DandelionBreeze said...

Great to hear that you're feeling better :) Pregnancy symptoms are always comforting but pretty unpleasant... hope you're saved from morning sickness and have a breeze of a pregnancy :)) Love always xoxo