15 Weeks

Saturday, July 23, 2011

First of all thank you all for the lovely comments. Makes me feel very special!!

Today marks 15 weeks...I cannot believe that I have been pregnant for 15 weeks or that I am now well and truly in the 2nd trimester. I am still finding it hard to believe that I am growing a little human inside of me right this very second...it's still quite surreal and I suppose it will be until I start feeling him move around inside me!

Today I put some baby things on lay-by. Target was having some sales and I decided it's time to start getting some of the more practical things together. Besides, there is so much to buy that I figure it's better to start now and gather it all bit by bit.

So today's lay-by consisted of:

-muslin wraps
-towels
-face washers
-bath thermometer
-bath seat (so we can bath baby in our big tub rather then having to use a baby bath and lug it to and from the sink to fill and empty)
-nappy bucket

Not a whole lot, but it feels good to be starting to get more of a stash together. I know it will all come together in the end, but I feel like I need to be doing something NOW! When DH is home next we will most likely make some decisions on the furniture for baby's room which will be fun.

I am using the Doppler each day to listen to bub's heartbeat and it's so reassuring. DH thinks it's funny that I need to use the Doppler every day but he isn't a worrier like me! I have felt what I *think* are some flutters...not 100% sure if it was movement or not, but I guess if it starts happening more regularly then I will know for sure that it's our boy moving about. I cannot wait until I can feel him kicking and moving...definitely make this growing a baby thing feel more real!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

So excited about your first purchases!! I bet your flutters really are flutters....my sis wasn't sure her first pregnancy but knew it by her 2nd. Can't wait for you to have your pregnancy feel more real! hugs!!

♥ Cass & Shane said...

Congrats on reaching 15 weeks.. Im so happy for you! :) You will have to start posting some belly pics soon!! :)

Oh, also wanted to say thank you for the lovely comment on Bubhub.. I appreciate your kindness and support. xx

Lora said...

I am so happy that things are going well! It definitely give me hope that this will all work out in the end.

Marissa said...

How fun to be buying baby supplies!!

Also, I'm totally getting a Doppler. After all we've been through...

Jenny said...

Oh - where did you get your doppler from? The husband doesn't want me to get one because he imagines I'd use it constantly but I would love to be able to check on things each day. Good on you for getting started with the shopping!

lostintranslation said...

Yay for everything going great and for starting shopping for baby supplies!

JM said...

Feeling the baby must be so amazing! I am so so very happy for you guys.