Some Excitement!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Had our ob appointment yesterday and all is going well. Blood pressure is perfect, NT risk came back at 1:10000 which is great and most importantly our little one is growing strong! I love that my ob does a scan at each appointment. It's really nice to be able to get a peek at our bub!

DH asked the ob when she started the scan if she could tell the sex (he has been dying to know if his guess of boy is correct). At first she couldn't see much as the cord was in the way and told DH he would have to be patient and wait until the 20 week scan (much to his disappointment) but she took another look when she had finished checking bub out...and while she wouldn't confirm 100% it looks like our little blob is a............





BOY!!!


Needless to say DH is over the moon (at having a son AND being right) and is already making plans for camping trips, moto riding, gun shooting and all that other manly stuff! I think it's going to be quite a number of years before he will be able to take bub out to do all this stuff but I didn't want to rain on his parade! The grin on his face when we left the appointment was just priceless!

How do I feel? Well I had a feeling that we were having a boy, and to be honest I have always imagined that DH and I would have a son first..so there you go. It looks like I am destined (for now) to be the only girl in a house of boys (even the dog is a male!) but that's ok with me. I am just thrilled the little human inside me is still there and doing so well!

I have told DH that I am holding off on buying any boy things until we have the sex confirmed at the 20 week scan though!! Doctor said we can have this scan between 19-20 weeks and it looks like DH will be away at work so I have invited my mum to come along (she is mega excited about this).

Another highlight of the past few days has been using the Doppler a friend lent me so we can listen to baby's heartbeat. I could sit there and listen to that little heart beating away for hours...it's just the best noise EVER!

7 comments:

A m a n d a said...

Congratulations on you (most likely) baby boy!!! Your DH sounds so cute :)

So happy to hear everything is going well.

Marissa said...

Congrats on the likely-boy!! And, more imoprtantly, the healthy baby!

Krista said...

Congrats!!! How exciting!!!

Lindsay said...

How Wonderful - really big Congrats to you both :D

EEK how excitng

Baby Hopes said...

Congratulations!!! So much fun! I'm so glad things are going well!!

lostintranslation said...

Yay for everything going well!
And I can tell you, boys are SO much fun!!!

DandelionBreeze said...

Sorry that I've been so long in commenting... congratulations on expecting a little boy :)) Great to hear that all is going well... thinking of you both xoxo