16 Weeks

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Thank you for all your wonderfully supportive comments on my last post. It's nice to know that others believe I am not over reacting to these comments. I have had a pep talk from a new mummy whose DF also works FIFO work in the mining industry and she has given me great hope too. I also had a big talk with my mum about it all, and she has just reaffirmed how amazing my family are and how supportive (and excited) they are about our baby. Mum has laid out how much she (and my dad) are prepared to help me out when DH is away. From laundry to housework to feeding me and walking the dog...they will be there with whatever I may need.

So after slightly doubting myself after some people's comments, I am now convinced more than ever that I am strong enough to face this challenge and know that I have a wonderful support system ready to back me up.

I am 16 weeks today and my belly has most definitely popped! I took my belly shot this morning and I can see a change compared with the earlier shots I have taken. Very exciting! Now I just need it to pop a little more so it shows through all my clothes...looking forward to a prominent bump!

Symptoms to date:

-tiredness (probably not quite as severe as the first trimester, but definitely have not got an energy boost yet)
-nasal congestion and bloody noses
-sore boobs (they seem to have stopped growing for now but are quite tender) and nipples
-veiny boobs/chest (now understanding why some books say you might look like a road map!)
-increased CM (it just keeps getting wetter and wetter down there...will have to buy shares in panty liner company!)
-feeling some slight flutters and bubbles (first movement!!)
-peeing frequently (night and day..)
-constipation
-headaches
-bleeding gums
-mood swings
-breathlessness (more so when I am out walking the dog..lots of hills near my place)
-crazy, vivid dreams & nightmares (mostly nightmares...so realistic. I wake up petrified!)

Think that pretty much sums it up. Ha...almost every single symptom listed in 'What To Expect When You're Expecting'...I'm textbook for once in my life!!

3 comments:

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

You most certainly can do this! I missed your last post, but my husband is in the Navy, has been for almost 7 years, and I hate when people ask me questions like that, if he is going to get out, or if I'm sad he is going to miss things. Ugh I won't even get started! Hang in there!

Marissa said...

Movement! Yay!

I bet you look adorable with your tiny bump. :)

♥ Cass & Shane said...

congrats.. 16 weeks already! I bet you are loving it and YES you can totally do it, we all know you can!

Thanks for the comment on my blog and its nice to hear that someone else has experienced a simular brake down then me.. even though its not a nice thing to experience at the time but makes me feel a little more "normal" haha. xx