Hello 3rd Trimester!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

27 weeks.
3rd Trimester.
2 thirds of the way through this pregnancy.

I can't believe it!!





Here's another belly shot I took this morning. He's definitely getting bigger in there!!

I did my Glucose test yesterday morning. I managed to drink the sweet drink down in the allotted time frame without worry but about 20 minutes later I felt awful. My vision went blurry, I felt extremely hot and began to break out in sweat, I was light headed like I was going to faint and I also started to feel like I was going to throw up. One of the pathology staff noticed and took me out back to one of the collection rooms to lie down. She got me some water and cool, damp washer for my face. In another 5 minutes or so I felt fine again. So I spent the rest of the hour lying down, had my blood taken and I was on my way.

I am really hoping that my results come back clear of gestational diabetes as I really don't want to go back and do the longer test after that experience!

Hoping to go this weekend and pick out the cot, change table and glider chair for bubs room. DH is away at work so my mum is going to come with me to help me decide.

I also got my baby shower invites in the mail so I need to get them organised and send them out.

Asides from that I think I'll spend the weekend relaxing...it seems my 2nd trimester energy has run out and I'm back to needing naps every afternoon!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Marissa said...

Congrats on being in your 3rd trimester!!! Fingers crossed that you pass the GD test.

Stinky said...

Yay, nearly there hon. GD test didn't sound like a heap of fun there

Amber said...

Congrats! You're in the home stretch now.

DandelionBreeze said...

Fantastic... love your belly photo :) That glucose test is aaaaawwwffulll... I felt the same as you ! FXd you don't have to do another one xoxo

LeslieGail said...

I haven't been around in months so it's so nice to see you are progressing very nicely! Congrats!