So This Is Nesting...

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My nesting instinct has kicked in...big time!

Yesterday I baked short breads, made rum balls, cleaned out some more of my kitchen cupboards, painted the first coat on the shelves for bubs room, did some of the painting in the bathroom & went out and purchased the last of our baby essentials (baby monitor & mattress protectors). 

By 10am this morning I have done 2 loads of washing (and hung it out), cleaned the bathroom-including getting on my hands and knees to scrub the shower floor, cleaned out the rest of the kitchen cupboards and drawers & finished painting the shelves for bubs room.

I think that's pretty much everything on my list done bar cooking and freezing meals....I really do want to do this, but I just can't seem to find the motivation to cook! Hopefully my mum and sister will keep us in food for the first few weeks after baby arrives and I won't have to worry about DH and I starving! 

The nesting instinct is weird. I planned to relax today after having done so much yesterday and feeling a bit tired and sore when I woke up this morning, but I just couldn't help myself! I kept walking around the house and finding things to do and then once I saw them I had to do them right then and there. 

I really want to vacuum and mop the floors but I know I will be pushing myself too far if I try to attempt this on my own. Hopefully DH will be willing to help me do this once he gets home tomorrow. So in the mean time I keep looking at my floors and willing them to clean themselves...because I want them done NOW!!

2 comments:

lostintranslation said...

Ha! I know the feeling! ;-)

Mel said...

woohoo summa, DH get homes today. YAYAYA

Best Christmas EVER!!!


my mum keeps telling me to preserve my energy... if I get the urge to clean or something then to resist... I need all the energy I can for labour !!!! eek...